Recently, I had the chance to sit down and chat with Renee Au. She’s a freelance WordPress developer from Alberta, Canada who joined Codeable in May of 2015 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
We became colleagues a few months later when I’d joined the Codeable team as well.
If you’re not familiar with Codeable, they’re an outsourcing platform that caters exclusively to WordPress development projects. Their mission is simple; to connect the world’s best freelance WordPress developers with the best clients, and to deliver quality without question.
Joining the creme-de-la-creme of WordPress developers on Codeable is no easy task.
In fact, only 2% of WordPress developers who apply to Codeable get in.
Renee made the cut.
She officially joined the Codeable team as a certified expert WordPress developer back in May of 2015 and she’s been delivering on their quality-without-question promise ever since.
To date, she’s received perfect, five-star ratings from 90 projects and that’s definitely not something that happened by accident.
If you’re still searching for a tremendously talented developer to build your next WordPress plugin, you’re in the right place. Hire Renee, a certified expert with everything WordPress plugin related, she’s who you’ve been looking for all along.
But hey, don’t just take my word for it…
1. For anyone who isn’t already familiar with Codeable, could you describe Codeable to them?
Codeable is a community of expert WordPress developers (and more) supporting clients in web development work. Their platform connects clients directly to developers who can provide answers to their questions and estimates for their projects.
2. How has Codeable impacted your career as a freelance WordPress developer? Is working for Codeable any different than your previous jobs as a developer and if so, how?
Before I came to Codeable, I’d worked at agencies all my life. Codeable gave me the confidence to go freelance.
I have enjoyed working directly with their clients, solving their problems and delivering projects that exceed their expectations. At times these projects have been very challenging, but I’ve enjoyed it every step of the way.
3. Do you have a favorite memory, or favorite client, from Codeable? If so, could you tell us more about what set that experience apart from all the rest.
I’d say I have a few favorite clients, especially those who trust me, value my time and are understanding. This kind of relationship allows me to provide my highest quality work, making both parties happy.
4. What are your favorite types of projects to work on via Codeable? If you could pick your perfect project, what (or who) would it be?
I love building things, it’s like Legos but on the interwebs. You’ll most likely find me working on customization projects or plugin development.
I also love sports, so any custom work involving sports related websites always gets me excited.
5. For anyone who is considering joining Codeable, what advice would you have to share with them to convince them to join?
Besides it being a great place to find great work and clients, I’ve really enjoyed the community of developers we have at Codeable. Many experts are willing to help and I have learned lots from them. And can’t forget about support from the Codeable team.
6. Is there anything else you’d like to share with us about yourself?
My Barketing Manager approves of Codeable.